Machu Picchu Classic Tour 2016
Available ALL year
DAY 1. Your tour to Peru begins
The adventure in the land of the Incas is about to begin! Our agent will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. Overnight stay in Lima.
DAY 2. Lima City Tour – The Panamericana Highway to Paracas
The Lima City Tour begins with the colonial architecture such as the Government Palace, San Martin Square, and the Cathedral, followed by the convent and church of San Francisco. Next, you will enjoy the view of the Huaca Pucllana, where our guide will explain the history of the Wari ancient culture.
In the afternoon, the tour continues to Paracas aboard a VIP bus. Stunning views of the legendary “Carretera Panamericana” (the Panamerican Highway) will surprise you. Overnight stay in Paracas.
DAY 3. Ballestas Islands Tour and Paracas National Reserve
The Paracas excursion begins with the visit of the “Peruvian Galapagos”, the Ballestas Islands; where you will enjoy birds-watching at its best.
The tour then continues to one of the destinations that most surprises our guests: the Paracas National Reserve. During the excursion you will have the chance to see breath-taking views of the Reserve that lies between the desert and the waves of the Pacific Ocean. You will then admire thousands of years old fossils, the Red Beach, the Cathedral and the inevitable Lagunillas. Then you will board the bus taking you from Paracas to Nazca. Arrival in Nazca and overnight stay.
DAY 4. The mystery of The Peruvian Desert: The Nazca Lines
Today, you will visit the mysterious Nazca lines (optional overflight). The tour begins with a visit to the Antonini Archaeological Museum where you will be given information on the Nazca and Paracas civilizations. The route then continues to the Mirador for the Nazca Lines. In the afternoon, you will be traveling by bus to Arequipa where our agent will be waiting to accompany you to the hotel. Overnight stay in Arequipa.
DAY 5. Arequipa: La Ciudad Blanca (The White City)
After a few busy days, today you will relax a bit. In the morning you will you appreciate one of the most important religious monuments in Peru: the Santa Catalina Monastery. Then, it’s time to visit the lively San Camilo market. In the afternoon you will have an opportunity to buy some alpaca garments and take a walk around the main square. Overnight stay in Arequipa.
DAY 6. Peruvian Andes and Colca Canyon excursion
Today you will explore the second deepest canyon in the world. On the way aboard of our Mercedez-Benz 19 seats, the first stop is in Pampa Cañahuas located in the Aguada Blanca National Reserve, inhabited by vicuñas and alpacas.
Later on, a stop in Chivay for a tasty Andean lunch. The tour continues to Yanque where you will spend the night.
DAY 7. Andean Condor and Lake Titicaca
The day will start with a visit to the famous viewpoint called the Condor’s Cross to spot the magical Andean Condor. After this exciting experience, departure for Puno’s highlands. The journey takes you through several ancient communities: Yanque, Achoma, Maca and Pinchollo just before arriving for lunch in Chivay. Then the trip continues to the shores of Lake Titicaca and the City of Puno. Overnight stay in Puno.
DAY 8. Uros and Taquile Islands
Today you will visit the worldwide famous Lake Titicaca. First the Uros Floating Islands . After this ethnic experience, you will go to Taquile where you will see local customs and old traditions whilst enjoying a typical lunch and a magnificent view of the majestic Lake Titicaca. Hand-woven textiles practices in Taquile were proclaimed “Masterpieces Heritage of Humanity” by UNESCO in 2005. Return to Puno to rest.
DAY 9. La Ruta del Sol: from Puno to Cusco
The next day the tour to Cusco will start with a journey on the highway aboard of our deluxe coach which passes through different Andean villages and archaeological sites. The first stop is in Pukara, where you will visit the local Lytic Museum. Later that day there will be a stop at “La Raya Pass”. Here and along the way you will appreciate the amazing view of the Andes. Next, Raqchi for a visit of the impressive “Temple of Wiracocha”. And finally the last stop of the day in Andahualyllas, where you will visit the “The Sistine Chapel of Peru”. In the afternoon you will be in Cusco where you will spend the night.
DAY 10. Cusco City Tour and visit of the Inca sites
In the morning the tour begins with a visit of the “Korikancha Temple“, one of the most important places in the Inca culture. Next you will visit the “HatunCancha Rumi”, the place with the stone of twelve angles followed by Inca sites around Cusco. Firstly, Tambomachay, then Puca Pucara and Kenko, and finally Sacsayhuaman (a fortress where the Inti Raymi is performed every year on 24 June). Later return to Cusco to visit the local Mercado San Pedro. Overnight stay in Cusco.
DAY 11. Sacred Valley of the Incas
Today you will visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas. The first stop is at the Pisaq ruins and the local artefacts market (held every day). Buffet lunch in Urubamba. Then, the tour continues towards Ollantaytambo, one of the best conserved site in Cusco. Here, you will board a train to Machu Picchu arriving at the small village of Aguas Calientes. In the evening you will prepare for the Machu Picchu tour the next day. Overnight stay in Aguas Calientes.
DAY 12. Trip to Machu Picchu
Today you will visit one of the “New Seven Wonder of the World”: the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. Early in the morning you will have a chance to see the amazing sunrise. Upon arriving at the archaeological site of Machu Picchu, the guide will explain the meaning of the different buildings still standing. Be prepared to touch the stone that will give you the strength of the Pachamama (Mother Earth) and enjoy breath-taking views. The experience is indescribable; it has to be experienced!
As an optional you can climb the Huayna Picchu to enjoy a unique view of the citadel or alternatively the Machu Picchu Mountain (both excursions must be booked at the moment of the reservation). In the afternoon return to Aguas Calientes to catch the train to Cusco. Overnight in Cusco.
DAY 13. End of the tour
It’s time to say farewell to the Land of the Incas. Transfer to the airport and flight Cusco-Lima.
We hope you enjoyed everything, hope to see you soon. Peru says good bye!
The package includes:
- National flight Cusco-Lima
- Private transportation during private excursions
- Private transportation for transfers from the airports to the hotels and from the hotels to the bus terminals
- Shared transportation during group excursions
- VIP buses during the following routes:
- Lima-Paracas (upper deck)
- Paracas-Nazca (upper deck)
- Nazca-Arequipa (uupper deck
- Touristic transportation during the following routes:
- Colca Canyon-Arequipa-Puno
- English-speaking guide during all private visits:
- Lima, Paracas National Reserve, Nazca, Arequipa, Cusco & Machu Picchu
- English-speaking guide during all group visits:
- Ballestas Islands, Colca Canyon, Lake Titicaca, Puno-Cusco & Sacred Valley
- All tickets (except Colca Canyon and Tourist Ticket for Cusco & Sacred Valley excursions and Koricancha)
- Overnight in 3 star hotels (Posada in Paracas)
- Lunch: bus Lima-Paracas, Colca Canyon (2), Taquile, Sicuani, Urubamba
Single supplement: USD$ 360
The package does not include
- International flights to and from Peru
- Airport taxes for international departures
- Colca Canyon USD$ 25 (S./70)
- Cusco & Sacred Valley Tourist Ticket USD$ 40 (S./130)
- Koricancha USD$ 3 (S./10)
- Huayna Picchu (USD$ 12 per person), Machu Picchu Mountain (USD$ 10 per person)
- Other meals
- Personal expenses
- Theft and loss insurance
- Other non-specified extras
Accommodation (in case of no availability, it will be provided an hotel of the same level):
- Lima – Hotel Britania Miraflores: http://www.hbritaniamiraflores.com
- Paracas – Posada Mar Azul: http://www.hostalmarazul.com
- Nazca – Hotel Oro Viejo: http://www.hoteloroviejo.net
- Arequipa – La Maison du Soleil : http://maisondusoleil.org
- Colca Canyon – Eco INN : http://www.ecoinnhotels.com
- Puno – Balsa INN Puno: http://casonaplazahoteles.com
- Cusco – Posada de Atahualpa: http://www.atahualpacusco.com
- Aguas Calientes – Hatun Inti Classic: http://www.es.hatuninti.com